Discussion | Construction, Design and Architecture Style of Skyscraper

I wonder if skyscrapers will be built with nanotechnology in the future (if it’s there at all)

Well first you’ll need to describe what you mean by that.
Material design? We already work with things on micro and nano scales.

As of right now that word amounts to little more than a buzzword

Yeah, that. The reason I asked is that since I read/heard about the conceptual Space Elevator, there were talks about using materials such as nanotubes. Oh, right! Sorry for the misunderstanding lol. I meant to say nanotubes instead of nanotechnology.

So what I am trying to say is that if possible, will future skyscrapers and supertalls (and maybe megatalls) be built using nanotubes for material design?

2 Likes

Great video above. It’ll be really interesting how nanotubes would play out for future developments, perhaps even the space elevator. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why does it take so long to build?

1 Like

That could be due to a lot of differing factors and it’s not quite known why it stalled for some time, but the tower is moving at a steady pace now (though I think this would’ve been better to ask in the developments own thread).

3 Likes

Yes okay, why do we need the thread here?

To ask about questions related to how a skyscraper is built, but if there is a question about a particular project that has it’s own thread it will always be better to just ask a question in it’s thread.

Delays related to construction on a project don’t normally stem from how the building is being built or it’s complexity so that’s why I suggested asking your question in The One’s thread but I answered it as best as I could here.

3 Likes

Where are such projects financed?

I don’t think that question is appropriate for this thread, but I also don’t quite understand the question.

1 Like

This method is now being used to build tall buildings in other countries. The big news is this construction method has recently been approved for low rise buildings in NYC.

4 Likes

What is this balcony?

1 Like

@007

That’s a temporary deck built for extra space for things like the construction trailers and building materials because there isn’t much room on the ground level. It will eventually be removed.

3 Likes

Is there a chance that platform could also be there for the cladding?

2 Likes

It’s possible, but unlikely, facade panels are normally stored on the floors, and given it’s one sided location, it wouldn’t make sense to use it as a facade staging area.

1 Like

Can someone explain these drawings of Liberty Place to me in more detail ?

They are taken from the A+U book “Helmut Jahn Edition 1992”.

2 Likes

Any of them in particular or all of them?

The close up elevations are the curtain wall details on the crown, where the flat and gabled surfaces meeting. The schematic of the whole building is an elevation of the structure, but this is an unfinished design of One Liberty Place. The elevation you posted a few days back is the official design

It could someone explain me all the drawings, as I have only a brief description about it (facades details).