2020 Census Results

Is there any site in particular that I can go to in order to find population increases for all counties/municipalities? The data seems so scattered currently and I am just wondering if I am missing a more centralized source.

The other day I told someone NYC gained Baltimore. lol

1 Like

According to the Census Bureau, we’ll need to wait until the end of next month:

The Census Bureau will release these data on its public FTP site on August 12, 2021. The Census Bureau will release the same data in easier-to-use formats by September 30, 2021.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-kits/2021/2020-census-redistricting.html#:~:text=The%20Census%20Bureau%20will%20release%20the%20same%20data%20in%20easier,geographic%20areas%20the%20states%20need.

1 Like

Philadelphia Metro Area: 6,245,051
Phoenix Metro Area: 4,845,832

2 Likes

I think its obvious the Philly metro area will have more people but the census data counted within city limits, not urban footprint/metro area. Phoenix has a bigger city limit and grabbed more people in its count than Philly despite Philly having more in its metro area. Had the count considered metro area as “city” NYC would easily be at least 20 million and not 8.8 million.

1 Like

The Census does report metropolitan area as well as city population.

Here are the ten largest metropolitan statistical areas. Phoenix is eleventh at about 4.85 million.

7 Likes