NOTTINGHAM | Saffron Court | 25M | 82FT | 8 FLOORS

Height - 25m / 82ft

Floors - 8

Space - 350 residential units

Use - Residential

Architects - Maber

Developer - Cassidy Group Property Ltd

Plans for a new PRS scheme have been put forward by Cassidy Group Property, for a new build of 350 units to be built upon the former Hicking Pentecost site as designed by Maber architects.

Tinted windows and dark metallic frames will blend in with the black brick forming strong vertical lines wrapped in a white brick clad frame. A crown is defined by the use of setbacks and colours whilst the facade is broken up using similar techniques. Overall, provide a great contrast with the neighbouring Hicking Building, whilst carrying over the quality in a new light.

The scheme will include town houses with front patches of land on the lower floors facing Summer Leys Lane and Crocus street whilst apartments will be stacked above with entrances dotted around. Roof terraces are also created within the roofs setbacks for the penthouses and upper floors.

106 parking spaces along with 112 bicycle slots will house the ground floor towards the rear, with open spaces for residents sitting on top of this acting as a podium. Opening out onto the open spaced podium are personal gardens for residents on the 2nd spilling out onto the said podium; making further use of outdoor space where possible.

The minute Tinkers Lean river will be open to public as per the creation of a footpath to the north of the site running east to west. The podiums open space will sit one flood above this creating a multi-layered section, whilst still giving residents privacy.

This cleverly designed building will add much needed density to the area, filling a current void of life. The proposed builds relies on quality materials and strong lines within a relatively simple but solid form, moulded to the grid street layout, whilst using the buildings assets, such as exterior apartment gardens, to their advantage. Let the expansion of the southside continue with such quality and density, providing a strong grid street pattern.

##The Site

##Renders

##Massing Diagrams

##Interactive Development Map

You can view as to where the development is on my Nottingham Interactive Development Map:

##View Point

2 Likes

Well it appears that The Business Desk read these forums, as they have also posted an article including a paragraph that’s copy and pasted from what I have written (4th paragraph of mine) above as highlighted in bold below.

[quote]The plans show a building consisting of eight floors to be designed by Nottingham-based Maber.

Plans show that there will 106 parking spaces along with 112 bicycle slots on the ground floor towards the rear, with open spaces for residents sitting on top of this acting as a podium. Opening out onto the open-spaced podium are personal gardens for residents on the 2nd spilling out onto the podium; making further use of outdoor space where possible.

The scheme was first given the go-ahead in 2011 after the planning application was granted permission at appeal. The site is owned by Godwin Developments and sits in the Southside Regeneration area of Nottingham.[/quote]

I guess I’ll take this as a compliment…

1 Like

Nice Stig!!!

1 Like

Set to be approved next week! Two new renders revealed.

1 Like

Comparisons between using red and grey brick have been put forward to the council including some night renders. A few other tweaks can be seen such as filling in some relatively blank walls with patterned laced brick to break up the facade.

#Crocus Street

#Crocus and Summer Leys

#Summer Leys

#Crocus and Eugene Street

What’s your preference in tone?

2 Likes

I think I prefer the red coloration. :slight_smile:

Me too

Yep, I would go with red too!

#Construction Update

They’re not messing around!

Diggers have appeared on site starting on ground works where you can see a large pile of rubble at the opposite end, it appears that they are also putting up the hoardings. Photos taken by me:

Scaffolding going up above Tinkers Leen in preparation for construction:

1 Like

Good news!

Looks like this project is now named ‘Saffron Court’ according to Maber Architects website. The renders displayed show the proposal as red brick, this combined with the name ‘Saffron’ leads to the impression of red brick being the final choice.

1 Like

Hoardings going up with more machinery and equipment on site!

Taken the other day:

2 Likes

A piling rig is now on site:

2 Likes