NEW YORK | 2330 Broadway | 230 FT | 18 FLOORS

4 Likes

Another great scoop by Yimby!

It will be a nice tower, and more importantly, it will replace one of the few blocks of junk on this glorious boulevard.

2 Likes

This looks really good.

2 Likes

A beautiful building for one of the most famous streets in the civilized world.

2 Likes

When an assisted living facility looks better than a ‘luxury’ rental building:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Demo.

7 Likes

Definitely great news. So waiting for 2020 to see the new creation. David Carr & Associates still looking for new office placement

1 Like

Awesome! The UWS is so beautiful. There are just a few pieces of junk that need to go, and this was one of them!

Hopefully, this garbage will go soon.

2 Likes

Nope. Grays Papaya can’t go. It’s iconic. Stop calling for its demise. And a redo of the exterior and roof was just finished. Hard to believe it’s going anywhere.

The Grays Papaya building is a horrible blight for the UWS. If they want to sell hot dogs, fine, they can do so from another space, but the structure is awful and should be replaced with a new residential tower.

And the structure is obviously a taxpayer, probably dating from the Depression. It was likely never intended as a permanent structure. Those 1-2 floor retail structures you (now rarely) see around Manhattan are mostly Depression-era taxpayers.

2 Likes

I wonder who owns that building and whether the hot dog joint is a lessee or an owner. That may have something to do with its continued presence on the scene. Finding another spot may be difficult unless vacancies around here have begun to reduce high rents in the area.

Grays is disgusting. Those hot dogs are low quality crap. I liked them when I was 20.

Any update on this? Foundation work started?

That’s true. I’ll check ACRIS.

I’m elated when the few pieces of junk that are left on B’Way come down.

2 Likes

They emptied out some time now.

2 Likes

That’s good news!

1 Like

We already have this as 2330

Can we merge?

1 Like

Thanks, JC. I thought that I had started a thread for this, but I couldn’t find it.

1 Like