DENVER | 650 17th Street | 574 FT | 47 FLOORS

This video gives me a lot of hope!

10 Likes

Denver, like the rest of the nation’s grand cities, is undergoing a building boom of its own.

According to this developer, a 100 story building is in the works! Maybe this is it.

6 Likes

Great to see a tower of this magnitude to secure Denver on the map.

It’s also great to see Denver on Yimby.

4 Likes

Anyone else get any art deco vibes from this tower?

3 Likes

woah. Wacky looking. More renderings on the website.

http://www.sixfifty17.com/building/

9 Likes

A website now! How official does this make it?

1 Like

I think the website is marketing the site. I would put its credibility at the same level as that of the “Hudson Spire” which was advertised in NYC before BIG designed The Sprial for that particular site.

1 Like

so not good! i don’t remember the hudson spire putting up a website though.

1 Like

seems this is for real. A legitimate proposal has been submitted to the city. Also, the rendering is featured on the developer’s website.

http://www.9news.com/article/money/personal-finance/real-estate/tallest-building-in-denver-concept-for-81-story-skyscraper-submitted-to-city/73-520376811

The Denver Community Planning & Development department says New York-based Greenwich Realty Capital submitted a concept to the city last week.
[…]
The applicants describe the concept as being for: “A mixed use development including retail, hotel and residential at an 20:1 FAR in downtown Denver. This building is proposed to be 81 floors with mechanical floors located on floors 25&26, 53&54 and on the roof at an 81st floor. A residential lobby, hotel lobby and a proposed restaurant/bar will occupy and engage the first two levels activating the street. At the time of this concept submittal there are planned to be 780 parking spaces within the structure.”

7 Likes

Awesome!!

1 Like

1000’

6 Likes

This is great!!!

2 Likes

I hope this gets built.

1 Like

any guesses on the odds?

1 Like

:frowning: Land for proposed 81-story Denver skyscraper no longer under contract | 9news.com

2 Likes

„ Greystar has proposed a new residential tower that will rise 47 stories, filling in a surface parking lot smack in the middle of Downtown Denver. A concept plan was filed with the city on February 8 and is still under review. At 574 feet, the new tower will still make a nice mark on the skyline. Here are a few massing models we drafted in Google Earth showing the building from the Golden Triangle, Auraria, and Uptown.“

5 Likes